Sunday, July 5, 2009

Business Trip Part II: Houston

Sloan Hall is a glass-fronted shop on the edge of River Oaks in Houston. I met Destiny in the store, and we enjoyed talking about my collections and the challenges in photographing jewelry together.

I visited Willow and Kastafior, a boutique with unique designer jewelry and vintage pieces, before continuing to Tootsies.

A pioneer in specialty store retailing, Tootsies is widely recognized as one of the finest shopping experiences in the nation. I received a positive response to my collections from the sales staff, and I left my press kit/wholesale information with the jewelry buyer in the corporate office. I was also introduced to Aric Castleberry an Atlanta-based make-up artist, salon owner and founder of Aric C. Cosmetics. Aric was offering complimentary eye brow tweezing within the Houston store. He is a very talented artist, and it was a pleasure meeting him at Tootsies!

My final destination in Houston was High Gloss, a unique store offering contemporary, artist-made jewelry and accessories. The Uptown Park shop is owned by twin sisters, and they kindly took time to discuss my jewelry, trade shows in the industry, and other opportunities.

No comments:

Post a Comment