Thursday, September 27, 2012

What To Wear To The Ryder Cup

My golfing history has included more plastic putters than irons & woods so, when I received my invitation to the Ryder Cup on Saturday, I had to do a little research in preparing an outfit that was par for the course. Below are some take away tips to consider in planning your golf tournament attire.

DRESS TO IMPRESS
Golf tournaments tend to be preppy, conservative events. Tradition & etiquette are emphasized. The 2012 Ryder Cup is being held at the Medinah Country Club, and I referenced the Club's Dress Code in confirming my selections.

CONSIDER THE SEASON
The forecast for Saturday is warm & sunny, but I always prepare for outdoor events by dressing in layers.

COMFORT FIRST
With all the standing and walking, comfortable footwear is key ~ flats and wedges are great options.

Fans are encouraged to wear red clothing on Sunday in support of Team USA. Whether at Medinah or watching from home, fans are invited to tweet photos of themselves dressed in red to @RyderCupTeamUSA on Twitter using the #13thMan hashtag.

Ryder Cup Fashion



TIBI floral print shirt
my-wardrobe.com


Iro jacket
shopbop.com


Alice Olivia blazer
shopbop.com



Burberry
$195 - farfetch.com






Ring
juliafailey.com


Post earrings
juliafailey.com


Bracelet
pinterest.com





No comments:

Post a Comment