Friday, August 3, 2012

Rocky Mountain Wedding

On June 2, 2012, I was the maid of honor in my sister's wedding at Della Terra Mountain Chateau in Estes Park, Colorado.

I was honored to create their engagement & wedding rings, as well as custom earrings for my Mom and Sister to wear on her wedding day.


I first met Matt when I was a senior at Davidson College. It was his freshman year, and he was the pledge brother of one of my good friends in SAE. I graduated in May and Betsy arrived on the scene in August. A couple years later, when she told me about her relationship with Matt, it came as no surprise. While they say nobody is perfect, it is evident that Betsy and Matt are perfect for each other.


Betsy's custom wedding band, made with sapphires from a ring from our grandmother.

Boulder climbing routes are commonly referred to as problems because the nature of the climb is often short, curious and much like problem solving. Betsy and Matt have worked hard to become skilled climbers – they take on new challenges and support and encourage one another to achieve their goals. The Chinese philosopher Lao Tzu said “To love someone deeply gives you strength, being loved by someone deeply gives you courage.” There is no doubt in my mind that Betsy and Matt have the strength and courage necessary to work through any problem together.

Custom earrings created for Betsy's vintage dress
Giving speech wearing Turquoise Tassel Earrings 

As their wedding day approached, someone asked me if I was sad that I was losing my sister. From my perspective, I have gained a brother.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment