Sunday, July 5, 2009

Business Trip Part II: Houston

Sloan Hall is a glass-fronted shop on the edge of River Oaks in Houston. I met Destiny in the store, and we enjoyed talking about my collections and the challenges in photographing jewelry together.

I visited Willow and Kastafior, a boutique with unique designer jewelry and vintage pieces, before continuing to Tootsies.

A pioneer in specialty store retailing, Tootsies is widely recognized as one of the finest shopping experiences in the nation. I received a positive response to my collections from the sales staff, and I left my press kit/wholesale information with the jewelry buyer in the corporate office. I was also introduced to Aric Castleberry an Atlanta-based make-up artist, salon owner and founder of Aric C. Cosmetics. Aric was offering complimentary eye brow tweezing within the Houston store. He is a very talented artist, and it was a pleasure meeting him at Tootsies!

My final destination in Houston was High Gloss, a unique store offering contemporary, artist-made jewelry and accessories. The Uptown Park shop is owned by twin sisters, and they kindly took time to discuss my jewelry, trade shows in the industry, and other opportunities.